[icecast] liveice - stream is twice as fast

alex-lists at roofhq.de alex-lists at roofhq.de
Fri Jun 7 19:48:46 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have some trouble getting liveice properly running.

The stream generated by liveice is twice as fast as the original input.
At the same time the pitch is normal. So when a client connects, it play
the stream very fast, interrupts to wait for the next burst of stream,
starts again, and so on.
When I am using liveice in MIXER-mode (with the -M switch) and/or with
playlists, everything works fine, the stream has got the right speed.

What's going wrong here?
I am using the newest versions of icecast, liveice and lame, together
with alsa on a SuSE-8.0

Greets,
Alex.