[icecast] How improuve bufferization speed ?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jun 7 09:51:04 UTC 2002

Hi:

I'm guessing you mean prebuffering.  The reason why shoutcast seems to be
blindingly fast is that shoudcast buffers the stream that it sends its
clients.  This is done to reduce prebuffer times as well as reduce
choppiness in the stream.  It does mean however that clients will always be
a good distance behind what is actually being streamed.  How far behind
depends on the bitrate.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html