[icecast] icecast error bad password

Reuben D. Budiardja reubendb at innovativethought.com
Sat Jul 27 16:58:45 UTC 2002

Hi
I often have troubles connecting to icecast from ices. Both are on the
same machine. Sometime, especially when the machine has just been
rebooted, when ices trying to stream to icecast, it is often denied for
BAD PASSWORD.
The curious thing is, both the ices and icecast config file were not
even changed, and the password is match. I don't use any encryption I
believe. Is this a known problem?

Sometime things will just suddently work if I keep trying. This makes
the program somewhat unreliable. Any help on this matter will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reuben D. Budiardja