[icecast] icecast+liveice in normal user fail

GAUTIER Christopher gautiec2 at cti.ecp.fr
Sun Jan 20 19:19:50 UTC 2002

I would like to use icecast and liveice as my normal account.
If I do so, using xmms, I can access the relayed radios I have defined,
but I cannot listen th the playlist liveice is broadcasting on /disk. XMMS
tells me that the specified stream could not be found.
If I launch icecast as root however, it works fine. I've searched through
the logs and checked the file permissions but I didn't find anything
interesting.
What could I have missed ?
Thanks