[icecast] how to cut very big mp3s ?

Jerome Alet alet at unice.fr
Sun Jan 6 15:44:56 UTC 2002

Hi there,

maybe someone here could help me solve my problem.

I've streamed two complete days of a congress
using DarkIce and IceCast, but now I want to cut
the mp3 files in parts, a part per speaker.

I've actually got four mp3 files, one for each morning
and afternoon, but each is several hundreds megabytes
long (128 Kbits/s stereo)

Is there any tool available which would allow me to cut
these files without requiring huge amounts of memory or disk
space ?

I've tried with Audacity but it segfaults after the mp3 import.

The perfect tool would have three buttons, FastForward, Play and
Cut, but any command line tool accepting a list of durations
would be fine.

any idea ?

thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet