[icecast] using in home LAN

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Feb 26 23:44:30 UTC 2002

the Arioch <Arioch> writes:
> I think that the folllowing options could be very good to see:
> 1) list of enabled/disabled ip masks for clients

I thought you could set this kind of stuff up in the config file?

> 1) list of our LAN servers (to choose one to connect on launch)
> 2) ability to request from current server list of online servers
> 3) filtering list 2) throug list of LAN (read free) ip's/masks
> 4) Way to switch to server, selected  by user from 3)
> 5) Stopping server on local machine, if WinAMP is playing music from
> IceCast/ShoutCast server, rather than file from disc.

Forgive me if I get this wrong, but is what you seem to want to
proxy streaming requests to a border server, such that only one
stream is going over your internet connection even though you
might have several listeners on your LAN?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

The King decided to force his subjects to tell the
truth. Nasrudin was first in line.  The King asked him,
"Where are you going?  Tell the truth or be hanged"
"I am going," said Nasrudin, "to be hanged on that gallows."
"I don't believe you.", replied the King
"Very well, if I have told a lie, then hang me!"
"But that would make it the truth!"
"Exactly," said Nasrudin, "your truth."