[icecast] using in home LAN

Arioch the_Arioch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 22:13:11 UTC 2002

We have a LAN at our and some neibourgh streets.
Traffic within LAN is free, outside (internet) - very expensive.

I think that the folllowing options could be very good to see:

Server:
1) list of enabled/disabled ip masks for clients
2) list of our LAN servers
3) dynamic list of online LAN servers (subset od 2) )
4) notification of being launched/stopped through all the online servers of
2)
5) transmitting list 3) to requesting client / LAN server

Client:
1) list of our LAN servers (to choose one to connect on launch)
2) ability to request from current server list of online servers
3) filtering list 2) throug list of LAN (read free) ip's/masks
4) Way to switch to server, selected  by user from 3)
5) Stopping server on local machine, if WinAMP is playing music from
IceCast/ShoutCast server, rather than file from disc.