[icecast] Casting Voice with Icecast??

Tamer Demir demirt at boun.edu.tr
Tue Feb 26 23:04:55 UTC 2002

Hello All,
A few moths ago I have configured Icecast and Shout version 0.8.0. It runs
perfect with no problem thanks a lot.

Nowadays I need to stream my voice ( or in general take the sound from as
an input to the PC via sound card, like using MIC or something like this).

Shortly, How can I configure this?
And Can I change the bitrate (like 32000) of the speech (does on the fly
bitrate change operation takes much CPU time, since voice will be
approximately 128Kbps and I want to change this 32Kbps).

Regards,
Tamer Demir