[icecast] Multiple streams

Jaime Torres jtorres at elsitio.com.co
Tue Feb 26 17:36:06 UTC 2002

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm using Icecast 1.3.10, LiveIce and Lame 3.91. I configured LiveIce to
encode different bitrate streams of my station and send them to the Icecast
server. In the admin panel of Icecast I can see both of the encoded streams,
one mounted on /icy_0 (bitrate 16000) and the other on /icy_1 (bitrate 24000).

When any client connects IceCast is sending the default stream (because it's
configured with 'mount_fallback 1').

I set the mount_fallback to 0 and tried to connect to
http://ip-of-my-server:8000/icy_0 and Icecast couldn't find that stream. Same
thing happened with http://ip-of-my-server:8000/icy_1.

What should I do to make it work right?

Regards,