[icecast] Trying to stream to a Nanocaster/2.0 server

Tom Murphy freyason at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 03:13:32 UTC 2002

Hi all,

  I'm attempting to stream audio to a live365.com server, more
specifically, it is a Nanocaster/2.0 server:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Nanocaster/2.0

  I tried Liveice (XMMS plugin) and it wouldn't connect properly. I
tried ices, that too would not work. I even tried DarkIce 0.8, but it
would just crash with:

DarkIce: LameLibEncoder.cpp:187: lame lib opening underlying sink error
[0]

  I am able to stream to the server if I boot into Windows, fire up
Winamp and the shoutcast plugin.. that's just fine, but in Linux, it's
a no-go.

  If anyone can point me in the right direction as to how I can go
about doing this, I would really appreciate it.

  Thanks,

    Tom