[icecast] vorbis_encode_init() bitrate arguments - offtopic

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Wed Feb 20 10:15:52 UTC 2002

Michael,

> See the examples. If you initialise a managed mode (which this is), you
> MUST use vorbis_bitrate_addblock() and vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket().

Thanks for the tip. I added the calls, and it works now.

> You SHOULD also give an option to set min/max, since they're now used,
> and to use a VBR mode rather than the managed modes here.

But when streaming, IMHO it is _very_ essential to be able to specify a
maximum bitrate. I guess I can't use VBR mode then, can I?

Another offtopic question: what vorbis comments are 'supported' or
'valid'? I see in the examples:

vorbis_comment_add_tag(&vc,"ENCODER","encoder_example.c");

but what other meta-info? Like artist, etc?