[icecast] Artificially high bandwidth?

LeDiva lunetta at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:27:40 UTC 2002

(By the way, upgrading to .11 seemed to take care of the skipping.
Thanks!)

The stream seems to be working just fine, although Winamp is showing
bandwidth at 130 or higher, occasionally up to 145 or so. Most of my MP3s
are 128 kbps, and ices should be re-encoding everything as 128 anyway.

This is really a minor issue... but I'm wondering what could be taking up
the extra bandwidth? Or tricking the client into thinking it's getting
more than it actually is?

---
Julia Lunetta
Listen to my music collection... http://julial.dhs.org:8005/