[icecast] Stuttering stream

LeDiva lunetta at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:57:02 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> ices is built on libshout.  libshout should have perfect timing and it
> also detects and discards corrupt frames and supports VBR streams.  It
> is basically the _new_ version of shout.

ices refuses to load. It whines about libmp3lame.so.0 being missing. I
found the message in the archives that supposedly forces ices to compile
with lame support, still nothing.

./configure ends the same way regardless of options:

Features:
  libshout: builtin
  LAME    : yes
  Vorbis  : yes
  Perl    : yes
  Python  : no
  XML     : yes
Configuration complete. Now run 'gmake'.

I can't find an option in the config file or anywhere in the docs that
lets you specify where ices should look for the lame libraries.

---
Julia Lunetta
Listen to my music collection... http://julial.dhs.org:8005/