[icecast] mountpoint

baz bsimpson at attbi.com
Thu Dec 26 18:08:10 UTC 2002

Hello Noah,

Thursday, December 26, 2002, 8:36:45 AM, you wrote:

NGW> version 1.3.12?

NGW> I see that the mountpoint is /default

NGW> what does this mean and how can I change it in the icecast.conf file.

NGW> I am running this on a freebsd 4.7 STABLE release.

NGW> - Noah

Icecast is a server.

Icecast installs at /usr/local/etc/icecast/ this install dir is the default directory.
under FreeBSD4.7 is located at /usr/local/etc/icecast.

Icecast will stream-serve from its default 'staticdir'(ectory) location you specified in
/usr/local/etc/icecast/icecast.conf. just dump the mp3's in the
'staticdir' location .... working?  let me know!

Do you have 'Shout' installed? Shout is a streamer. it streams data
(mp3's for example) to the server Icecast.

in shout's ini file at /usr/local/etc/icecast/shout.conf there is an
entrt 'mount'. mount points to a dir name that *you* create under
icecast roots install dir.

 #mkdir /usr/local/etc/icecast/myMount#1/

 #vi shout.conf and change 'mount default' to  'mount myMount#1' and
 copy your mp3's to myMount#1

 1/ start icecast at tty2. load OK?

 2/ altF2 and login on tty3

 3/ at tty3 do this  shoutcast -? ... look for the -d option

 4/ #shout -d /path/to/shoutcast.conf

 5/ it's streaming ... look at tty3 and see titles and "dot" markers
 for stream

 6/ winAmp http://x.y.z.w:8000/myMount#1  .... working ok ????

 7/ AltF2 and login to tty4
    create /usr/local/etc/icecast/myMount#2.
    Put other mp3's in myMount#2
    copy shoutcast.conf to shoutcast2.conf
    edit shoutcast2.conf and change line
    'mount myMount2#1' to