[icecast] icecast.conf

ajb ajb at jireh.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 10:58:44 UTC 2002

Hi,

Sorry I know this will not be an inept question but I am trying to get my head round icecast.

I installed icecast and it seemed OK ./icecast all loaded in telnet OK so I conf the icecast.conf and went to http://ip:8000/admin
and got a nice black screen etc - all seems OK but .... I had to re boot the box and now when I goto http://ip:8000/admin the admin
pages comes up but takes two minutes I had to increases the time out - could it be I have messed up the conf file ? everything works
a lot quicker other than this and I am not blocking port 8000 - I do a top and see that the CPU etc are OK.