[icecast] Ices on Linux PPC

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 00:32:39 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 00:02, Drew Lane wrote:

> However, even though I did a 'make install' it's still launching
> ices 2.0 when I type 'ices' from the command line.

check the install paths, one maybe /usr/bin and the other maybe
/usr/local/bin.  /usr/bin maybe first in your search path.

> So, how do I specify 0.2.3?
>
> Can I have both ices 2.0 and 0.2.3 on the same computer?

personally if it were me, I would place them in /usr/local/ices-0.2.3
and /use/local/ices2-<date>.  Then you can symlink from /usr/local/bin
both ices and ices2.  Use --prefix=/usr/......

> Would it make sense to have one program called 'ices' and the other
> 'ices2' ?

possibly, wouldn't be much of a change, it's just a matter of what
peoples feelings on this are. Changing the name means you avoid a name
clash but then again mp3 support maybe added which would make ices-0.2.3
a non-issue (ices 0.2.3 does have a couple of build issues to resolve).

karl.