[icecast] the dummy playlist... chaining a clip to a stream.

Seth de l'Isle szoth at ubertechnique.com
Wed Dec 4 17:43:55 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:00:08AM -0500, Ethan wrote:
>  Any suggestions? I checked to see if there really was a file for the
> dummy playlist that is referenced in links, hoping that I could shove a
> pointer to the static served audio announcement first. No go there.

You can  save the dummy play-list from off the web, edit it to your liking and
serve it as a static page from a web server.  As you expected you can just add
a line to the top of the list specifying the url of an audio file containing
the credits you want each listener to hear.

If you serve the play-list from a web server make sure that the web server
software knows about the mime type that goes with your play-list format.  For
m3u play-lists the server needs to be able to tell clients that the Mime type of
files ending in .m3u is audio/x-mpegurl.

It sounds like you would have administrative control of your web server, but
if you don't you can generate your play-lists from a cgi script and set the HTTP
header something equivalent to this:

    #!/bin/bash

    echo Content-Type: audio/x-mpegurl
    echo