[icecast] ices stdinpcm

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 22:16:16 UTC 2002

On 2002.12.02 21:46 smoerk wrote:
> I have problems with the stdinpcm module in ices2. The player fills its
> buffer and doen't play anything and fill the buffer again and this repeats
> (with winamp). when I download the stream with wget I can play it from
> hard disk... is this a common problem with ices2 or do only I experience
> this behaviour?

I've heard of problems with winamp3 but I don't know what effect it has.

Last time I tried with stdinpcm it was just fine and I don't think there's
been any changes to it.  Lets us know the winamp version and if you can
try another player/plugin.  Also give us some idea on what your running
number of instances, samplerates etc.

I presume the CPU isn't max'd out (vmstat 1 on unix - us column) and you
have a recent version from CVS.

karl.