[icecast] restricting encoder bitrate

Jon Paxton jon at ncuk.com
Wed Aug 28 15:34:28 UTC 2002

Hey,

Is it possible to restrict on the server the bitrates used by the
connecting encoders? I want to allow friends to connect to my server but
don't want them using bitrates of, say, 128kbit and raping my bandwidth.

Would it be easy to modify the source to disconnect them if their stated
birate is greater than a variable i set? Any suggestions on how to go
about doing this would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Jon