[icecast] Another problem...

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Aug 26 23:30:22 UTC 2002

At 12:10 AM 8/27/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Okay, now..
>
>I've got it compiled and running (thanks by the way to Moritz and Akos).
>
>Using WinAMP 2.81 and the latest build of oddcastDSP i've got it streaming
>happilly to the server with the server happilly accepting the stream.
>Now, however whenever anybody tries connecting to the server it
>automatically kicks them off ie..
>
>-> [26/Aug/2002:23:56:43] Accepted client 4 from [123.abc.co.uk] on
>mountpoint [/q0.ogg]. 1 clients connected
>-> [26/Aug/2002:23:56:45] Kicking client 4 [123.abc.co.uk] [Client signed
>off] [listener], connected for 3 seconds, 16359 bytes transfered. 0 clients
>connected

hrm....although I don't recall you stating that this is icecast 1.x, it
appears that from the context of this message, that that is what you are
running...if that is the case, from the log message above, it looks like
you are supplying a mountpoint ending in .ogg, which is just gonna confuse
the hell out of clients...change the mountpoint to something like /stream
or somesuch...

>There is a win32 version of Icecast2 around that i've gotten that working no
>probs, infact i'd love to have a go at using Icecast2 on this shell since
>i'm much more familiar with setting up Icecast2 than I am with Icecast 1..
>where is the source on the icecast site so i can compile it and get it
>running?

icecast2 is available in CVS....http://www.xiph.org/cvs.html will get you
there....you want the module "icecast" (which really is icecast2 despite
the name :) )

oddsock