[icecast] hmm uploading?

Joris Vandeweerd jorisvdw at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:17:15 UTC 2002

>Joris Vandeweerd wrote:
> > you can watch on my site www.kayalion.net with network usage, eth1 is
>the
> > internet.
> >
> > i rebooted my server last night. i didn't connect and watched my eth1,
>after
> > 10 minutes there was allready +-8mb sent.
> > stats now:
> > uptime : 14 hours 20 minutes
> > network usage : 736.02 MB
> >
> > i don't think my isp is going to like this :p
>
>Can you be sure that your server isn't compromised by crackers and/or
>script kiddies, and that nobody is getting data through any other
>service? What do your logfiles tell you? Besides, eth0 recieved ~720MB
>and eth1 sent ~750MB ... is this a gateway doing NAT/routing packets? :P
why the smiley behind the routing stuff??
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.222.222.0/24 -j MASQUERADE 2>>
/var/log/gateway.txt
i run this, is this not good??

i run my server here at a house for students, there was a other student that
had winmx open last night, maybe it was he who was uploading but i'm not
sure of that, i'm trying to find that out. are there any specific logs i
should view??

Greetz

KayaLion

KayaLion's NET