[icecast] some features of icecast2 beta

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Mon Aug 19 21:40:08 UTC 2002

oddsock wrote:
> yep, it's in there...you give it a master server ip and port and the
> relay functionality will connect to the master server and relay all
> connected mountpoints.

cool

> yep, Michael added that a bit ago...Shoutcast style streaming titles (or
> any streaming titles for that matter) is not supported however.  You
> will now need to provide a Content-type which indicates what kind of
> stream you are sending in the source client code.

Yes, I'm aware of that. So far I have suppressed mp3 streaming
capability for icecast2 from darkice, as it was not implemented in
icecast2 yet, but now I'll enable it.

> stream metadata for MP3 isn't there, and the metadata for vorbis streams
> is handled in the same way metadata is handled for vorbis files (they
> are part of the vorbis comment block)  Icecast2 doesn't currently
> support any kind of metadata updates via a web request (like
> Shoutcast/Icecast)

I see. So as for Ogg Vorbis, all meta info is transparently supported
for streaming that is for files, as described at
http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html ?