[icecast] ices compile problems (again...)

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Thu Apr 25 17:47:37 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, 24 April 2002 at 23:29, Roy Harvey wrote:
> Okay, I did this right months ago, but somehow lost the recipe.  I have
> libxml and libxml2 installed:
>
> [root at atisha ices-0.2.2]# ls /usr/local/lib
> libshout.a         libxml2.a         libxml.a          pkgconfig
> libshout.la        libxml2.la        libxml.la         xml2Conf.sh
> libshout.so        libxml2.so        libxml.so         xmlConf.sh
> libshout.so.1      libxml2.so.2      libxml.so.1
> libshout.so.1.0.0  libxml2.so.2.4.2  libxml.so.1.8.14
>

> I must be doing the configure wrong?!
>
> ./configure --with-xml-config=/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so

this is wrong. This option specifies a path to the program xml2-config
(or xml-config), which is run to produce the C and ld flags needed to
link libxml2. Since you have the library installed in /usr/local you
shouldn't need the argument at all, but if you use it make sure it
points to the xml2-config program.

I should tighten up the autoconf test of course...

-b