[icecast] ices - unable to compile

Luis M. Gallardo D. gluis at alsuites.com
Tue Apr 16 05:22:39 UTC 2002

Wade Carroll wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All is going well EXCEPT for replacing my Shoutcast server.
>
> I'm able to compile icecast but am unable to compile ices due to some
> missing libraries?

Try this: depending on what icecast reports as a missing library, search
it in the mandrake's cd (1, 2, 3,...) and install the rpm. If you don't
have the cd's you can search the libraries (rpms) in http://rpmfind.net.
Install the devel libraries (development) too, because they are needed
to compile Icecast.

You can use this "method" for others installations.

I hope it can help you.

 Thanks in advance for the assistance.

> Wade

Caracas - Venezuela.