[icecast] Aliases and re-encoding

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 19:42:09 UTC 2002

I only just joined this list, I did search the archives for relevant
stuff, but didn't find anything.  Sorry if I ask some FAQs.

I have a couple of questions now that I have got icecast/ices/libshout
and relevant libraries all installed and running...

        specified?  Or are all of them contained in the samples?
ii)	The aliases feature that is in v1.  Is that available in v2?  I
        want to basically proxy an incoming Ogg stream to people on my
        network to save external bandwidth usage.  if using an icecast
        server here isn't the best idea - please suggest alternatives.
iii)	I am currently streaming some local Ogg files.  My processor is
        running at 50% all the time whilst doing so, so I assume they
        are being decoded and encoded and then sent.  Is there a way I
        can stop this happening?  So they are transmitted as encoded.
        I tried setting the nominal-bitrate to the same as the nominal
        bitrate at which my Oggs were encoded, but this doesn't seem to
        affect behaviour.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alex

--