[icecast] alternatives to liveice and darkice

Joe Bowser bowserj at unbc.ca
Thu Apr 11 17:07:08 UTC 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Beau D. Simensen wrote:

> in any event, if there are some great alternatives to liveice or darkice out
> there, i'd be happy to look into them. i was extremely happy to have found
> ices a few months ago. it had been there all along, just not described or
> explained very well. i'm guessing there is something else out there i just
> didn't notice yet waiting to be used. =)

Well, I like the muse project for mp3 streaming.  I haven't look at it
recently, but I think it's still at http://muse.dyne.org.  It's a bit more
resource intensive than liveice, but it has a nice interface, and is more
feature rich than the others.

Of course, I think that when it comes to icecast2, I'd use ices for all my
OggVorbis streaming.  (I tried darkice a while ago, but I wasn't too
impressed with it as an Mp3 streamer, however it's an OK Ogg streamer.)

Joe Bowser - bowserj at unbc.ca