[icecast] ices 0.2.2 and Mac OS X 10.1?

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Mon Apr 8 19:24:06 UTC 2002

On Friday, 05 April 2002 at 22:44, Bryant Durrell wrote:
> I've having trouble getting ices to compile under MacOS X.  Mac OS has a
> somewhat novel threads implementation (I'm being polite, here) and it
> doesn't get along well with the threads in ices -- has anyone gotten it
> to compile under MacOS X?

I haven't done it, but you might give the latest CVS a try - someone
recently contributed a patch for the log module which might cause this
crash.

IIRC there's no good reason for ices to use threads for metadata anyway.
If I get time I'll likely replace this with a simple fork.

BTW I think ices is technically in the wrong declaring thread_t. I
believe all types ending in _t are reserved...

-b