[icecast] Getting started

Pierre Amadio pierre.amadio at fr.alcove.com
Thu Apr 4 13:07:43 UTC 2002

hi there.

What about the documentation that goes with the sources ?

And the web faq.

All you need to make your web radio is :

- one box with icecast
- one box that get the radio signal and feed it to icecast
- the radio permission to broadcast it on the net.

The 2 box can be the same box.

Set icecast so it accept stream from the box that get the radio,
stream the radio using liveice and here you are. You can get the
radio signal either with a radio card or with a classic radio that
will be pluged in the line in jack of your sound card.

Have a nice day (and dont forget to read the doc :) )

Pierre Amadio

--
Pierre Amadio