[icecast] Re: Simple streamer help

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Apr 1 20:20:59 UTC 2002

Following up on myself because I just realized I may be barking up the
wrong tree; if so I apologize for the bandwidth, but would still love it if
someone could point me in the right direction.

After reading through the mailing list archives, I think that icecast may
not be the solution I'm looking for, because I'm hoping to somehow play the
mp3s on demand from the web browser, not via a separate mp3-playing
program.  My goal is to have the user select a song or a playlist from my
existing web interface, and have the brownser "render" the songs (I suppose
that may require a browser plug-in of some sort?).  Can this be done?

Sorry to be dense about all this; if it's not obvious already, I know
nothing about putting audio on the Internet.

Thanks,

John

--On Monday, April 01, 2002 2:42 PM -0500 John Ackermann N8UR

----