[icecast] Clients connect but no stream...

Matthew Mencel Matt at cmitech.com
Wed Sep 19 17:12:23 UTC 2001

I'm running Icecast 1.3.11, Lame 3.89, and the latest version of liveice.

I'll post my config files in case someone might find an error in them...

##################################
#####     ICECAST.CONF

location Radio
rp_email matt at cmitech.com
server_url http://216.89.xxx.xxx/

max_clients 10
max_clients_per_source 10
max_sources 1
max_admins 5
throttle 10.0

use_meta_data 0
streamurllock 0
streamtitletemplate %s
streamurl http://yp.icecast.org
nametemplate %s
desctemplate %s

mount_fallback 1

encoder_password somepasswd
admin_password somepasswd
oper_password somepasswd

#icydir yp.shoutcast.com
#icydir yp.breakfree.com
#icydir yp.musicseek.net
#icydir yp.van-pelt.com
#icydir yp.radiostation.de
#directory yp.icecast.org
#directory yp.mp3.de
touch_freq 5

hostname 216.89.xxx.xxx
port 8000
port 8001

erver_name 216.89.xxx.xxx

force_servername 0

logfile icecast.log
accessfile access.log
usagefile usage.log
logfiledebuglevel 0
consoledebuglevel 0

reverse_lookups 1

console_mode 0

client_timeout 30

kick_clients 0

#staticdir c:\windows\desktop
staticdir /usr/local/icecast/static

templatedir /usr/local/icecast/templates

logdir /usr/local/icecast/logs
stats_log stats.log
statshtml_log stats.html
stats_time 60

#alias radiofri http://195.7.65.207:6903

#kick_relays 10

transparent_proxy 0

acl_policy 0
#deny all *
allow all *

###################
#####     liveice.cfg

SERVER localhost
PORT 8000
PASSWORD test

USE_LAME3 /usr/bin/lame

ENCODER_ARGS -h

SOUNDCARD
#NO_SOUNDCARD

SOUND_DEVICE /dev/dsp

#FULL_DUPLEX
HALF_DUPLEX

SAMPLE_RATE 22050
BITRATE 32000

MONO
#STEREO

ENCODING_QUALITY 50

#VBR_QUALITY 1

#ICY_LOGIN

X_AUDIOCAST_LOGIN
MOUNTPOINT Radio

NAME Radio Station

GENRE radio

PUBLIC 0

URL http://www.someplace.com

PASSWORD somepasswd

DESCRIPTION Radio Station

NO_MIXER

#ESDMON_MODE

#SHOUT_MODE

#MIXER

#PLAYLIST playlist

DECODER_COMMAND mpg123

#REMOTE_DUMPFILE remote.mp3

#DURATION 3600

UPDATE_DELAY 2

#MIX_CONTROL_MANUAL
#MIX_CONTROL_AUTO
#MIX_CONTROL_LOGGED
#CONTROL_FILE mix_command

#TRACK_LOGFILE track.log

#LOGFILE_FORMAT %t %T  %f %F %a %n %b %u

#UPDATE_SCRIPT

VERBOSE 0

>>> Matt at cmitech.com 9/19/01 11:57:59 AM >>>
Tried Sonique and Winamp.  Both connect to Icecast but never show that they are buffering and I never hear anything.  Icecast shows that the clients connect and it shows the source is connected.  It also shows bandwidth at 0.

When I shutdown the Icecast server it Kicks the clients off and shows the time they were connected and the amount of bytes transferred .  So now I'm thinking my source streamer is not getting the audio to Icecast and Icecast is just broadcasting empty space...???  Liveice input levels show it is receiving something as the bars are moving and when I disconnect the audio feed from the sound card the bars disappear.  So I think it's working that far.  It just doesn't seem to be pushing the audio on to Icecast even though it successfully connects to it as a source.  Argh!!  I had this working several months ago on another machine...

Matt
matt at cmitech.com<REMOVE THIS>