[icecast] Clients connect but no stream...

Matthew Mencel Matt at cmitech.com
Wed Sep 19 16:57:59 UTC 2001

Tried Sonique and Winamp.  Both connect to Icecast but never show that they are buffering and I never hear anything.  Icecast shows that the clients connect and it shows the source is connected.  It also shows bandwidth at 0.

When I shutdown the Icecast server it Kicks the clients off and shows the time they were connected and the amount of bytes transferred .  So now I'm thinking my source streamer is not getting the audio to Icecast and Icecast is just broadcasting empty space...???  Liveice input levels show it is receiving something as the bars are moving and when I disconnect the audio feed from the sound card the bars disappear.  So I think it's working that far.  It just doesn't seem to be pushing the audio on to Icecast even though it successfully connects to it as a source.  Argh!!  I had this working several months ago on another machine...

Matt
matt at cmitech.com<REMOVE THIS>