Updating show titles (was Re: [icecast] a new directory service)

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.com
Tue Sep 18 11:33:27 UTC 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:27:14AM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> As I've said before, my goal is to remove time-dependent data from the
> directory.  I _do_ plan to implement a ping/request in icecast 2 so that
> a standalone directory client can't query a server to see what song is
> playing and what the ping time is etc.  I think this, combined with

This would make it possible to build some kind (very simple) of QoS into a
hole network of icecastservers! Nice feature.

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk
thomas at arkena.com
http://www.arkena.com

`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".'
(By Linus Torvalds)