[icecast] How to stream ID3 tag info

Andrew Armstrong andrew at chattavegas.com
Tue Sep 18 01:09:27 UTC 2001

I have successfully setup an icecast server running on my internal network
as a internal radio. I am using ices-0.2.2 to stream the songs to the
icecast server and everything is working just fine. The one question I have
is how can I get the icecast server to show the song title in the client. I
have seen other icecast servers do this but have been unable to find any
documentation or examples of how this can be done. I am sure that it is
really easy but I just have not found the secret setting if one exists. All
help is greatly appreciated.

--
Andrew Armstrong                      Director of Application Development
andrew at chattavegas.com                Higher Technology Services