[icecast] a new directory service

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Sep 17 15:12:40 UTC 2001

> I see that with the ttl field in your approach, this goal could be
> achieved. I could set up a system which updates the info at the start of
> each program, with a ttl of the program's length. I'm only interested
> now in how this could be achieved (how could I update the directory info
> from cron, for example.)

Please dont' abuse the fields before we've even implemented them :)

How about we add a 'playlist' or 'guide' variable for a url to showtime,
playlist, or whatever?  That way the user has an easy way to find more
information.

I'm trying to keep time dependent information out of the directory.
What's the purpose if it's always wrong about much of the information?

jack.