[icecast] a new directory service

Asymmetric all at biosys.net
Mon Sep 17 06:48:40 UTC 2001

At 12:30 AM 9/17/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>Ogg streams might also have video at some point (I hope to start testing
>this soon).  I'm not sure how best to store diveres info like this.  I
>assume fps, khz, channels at the very least.  I'm still trying to think
>of a really convinient way to store arbitrary things, so that the data
>is extensible, instead of having to put out a new version of icecast
>every time we want to add a variable.

I assume that you're going to be sending this data in ICY style metadata or
something similar at the start of a stream?  If so then it's a simple
matter for the server to store all the different fields it gets and then
let the front-end (as mentioned in my other email) handle the
processing/searching/UI for the YP.