[icecast] Dynamic playlist support

Xavier Montero xmontero at dsitelecom.com
Sat Sep 15 00:46:36 UTC 2001

> I don't know (don't use ices) but I thought I should inform you.. taking
> user requests may cause you to violate the RIAA rules regarding that topic,
> depending on how you handle it.  Be careful. ;)

Again, in Spain there is no rule in this sense... I mean, a normal
air-FM/AM station can receive a call for a song and play it
inmediately.

What happens if this spanish station broadcasts its content to internet
and a US listener listens to that station? Would it be violation?
If a song is even made by a US artist but the promo CD is given
to the spanish station by a record company in spain who bought the
rights to control the copies in spain, what happens then?

I'm quite confused on where start and where end the authority of
an entity when the channel is spreading all over the world.

If any one knows, please post.

Xavi.