[icecast] icecast 2.x & a control panel?

Rocael Hernandez rocaelh at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 05:29:57 UTC 2001

Hi all!
I have a some of questions, I know that you can guide
me through this:

1. Where I can get icecast 2.x?
2. What's the main difference between icecast 1.3.11 &
2.x?
3. I will stream live audio from a radio, is better if
I user 2.x?
4. I would like to have a sort of control panel that
could have a functionality like this (better if its
open-source):
*Record the Ips & subnets that are listening
*block or allow some of that Ips or subnets
*Keep track in a web interfase of who are my
listeners, what are the most frequent hours, max
number of concurrent users, average listen time, etc.
*Kick a client after some X time automaticly
*Give me the Kb transfered in average, by user and the
totals by day, month, etc.
And everything in stored a DB.

Is there a program that does something like this?
If I need to implement it by myself, where I should
start? how to interact with icecast?

Thanks for your help!
Rocael.