[icecast] segfaulting 1.3.11

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 18:13:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

I've been happily running icecast for days now, but today it segfaulted
after an uptime of 1 day and ~8 hours. Currently, I am "betatesting" my
little stream here myself, which means I am listening to it as the only
client, tweaking oddcast settings or just letting it run. A couple tunes
before the segfault I noticed my client stopping to update song titles,
but it kept on playing. It dumped a core, but I have no clue what to do
with it ... so if anyone wishes to get more information, please instruct
me on how to get those. I am also pretty sure that it'd be hard for me
to reproduce the segfault because it was running so well, so maybe this
was a random instability...?

I am running OpenBSD 2.8 -STABLE and icecast 1.3.11.

Moritz