[icecast] Two Things: Python 2.1 & ices 0.2.2 / Multiple Streams

Ben Wilson ben at thelocust.org
Tue Sep 4 13:34:28 UTC 2001

First off, I managed to build iceS 0.2.2 with Python 2.1, though I had to
add -lutil to the $LIBS definition whilst ./configure'ing.  Otherwise,
configure won't find Py_Initialize

Secondly - multiple streams

I've added a second "stream" definition to my ices.conf, and both streams
show up as sources for icecast, (http://blah.com:8000/list.cgi), though
when i try to connect to either of them using their mountpoint names (in
my case /hi and /lo) i always am connected to the stream first mentioned
in the conf file.  Odd. (see my stream definitions down at the obttom)

This is my first post on this mailing list, and I'd just like to throw out
mad, mad props to the whole icecast team.

.oOo.oOo.o..o.oOo.oOo.
      Ben Wilson
admin -- thelocust.org
  ben at thelocust.org
'OoO'OoO'O''O'OoO'OoO'

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ices:Configuration xmlns:ices="http://www.icecast.org/projects/ices">
  <Playlist>
    <File>/MP3/playlist.txt</File>
    <Randomize>1</Randomize>
    <Type>builtin</Type>
    <Module>ices</Module>
  </Playlist>

  <Execution>
    <Background>1</Background>
    <Verbose>0</Verbose>
    <BaseDirectory>/tmp</BaseDirectory>
  </Execution>

  <Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>xxx</Password>
      <Protocol>xaudiocast</Protocol>
    </Server>

    <Mountpoint>lo</Mountpoint>
    <Name>thelocust[dot]org publico</Name>
    <Genre>all my CDs - punk,jazz,classical,rawk</Genre>
    <Description>check out thelocust.org</Description>
    <URL><A HREF="http://thelocust.org</URL">http://thelocust.org</URL</A>>
    <Public>1</Public>
    <Bitrate>32</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>1</Reencode>
    <Channels>1</Channels>
  </Stream>

  <Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>xxx</Password>
      <Protocol>xaudiocast</Protocol>
    </Server>

    <Mountpoint>hi</Mountpoint>
    <Name>thelocust[dot]org hi-octane</Name>
    <Genre>all my CDs - punk,jazz,classical,rawk</Genre>
    <Description>check out thelocust.org</Description>
    <URL><A HREF="http://thelocust.org</URL">http://thelocust.org</URL</A>>
    <Public>0</Public>
    <Bitrate>128</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>0</Reencode>