[icecast] source login schemes

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Mon Sep 3 06:37:19 UTC 2001

Hi,

Could anyone tell me about the different login schemes sources can use
to connect to IceCast, ShoutCast, etc? From what I can tell:

ShoutCast uses something called icy login?
IceCast uses something called x-audiocast, but can also use icy?
IceCast2 uses what?

Also, where can I find details about these login schemes? I sort of
figured out a basic use of x-audiocast by looking at the JScream source,
but I don't know anything about icy. Can anyone send me pointers on
these issues?

Thanks,

Akos