[icecast] launching icecast/ices from webinterface

udo noll un at aporee.org
Wed Oct 24 12:45:59 UTC 2001

hello,

i'm starting/stopping icecast (1.3.11) & ices (0.2.2) from a
web interface. fine so far, but now i see strange things:
both ices & icecast, once started , (ices -B ... , icecast -b ...),
both processes and their childs are listening also
to port 80, besides their normal operation.
i've found out because apache didn't restart (Address already in use:
make_sock: could not bind to port 80).
"fuser -n tcp 80" tells me the processes listening to that port.
this only happens when starting ices/icecast from the webinterface
(with php4 exec())

i'm not sure, but since i've restarted apache often before without
problems, i assume that it has to do with my latest updates for
redhat 7.1, system is a linux SMP, kernel 2.4.13, glibc-2.2.4-19.
nothing special, it's only an up2date system. this problem didn't
occure before.
any idea??
thanks, udo