[icecast] libpthread and icecast2

Mike hodson mystica at darktech.org
Mon Oct 22 07:10:41 UTC 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:53:07 -0600
Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:

> I considering this a bug in FreeBSD.  To my knowledge icecast uses none
> of these functions directly.  Nor really anything resembling them.
>
> I'm not sure how to get rid of them :)  If you find a way, I will be
> intereted to know how, since these are annoying and succeed in nothing
> more than scaring everyone.
>
> I suppose that something I'm linking uses these, but that basically
> comes down to libxml or vorbis.  Vorbis doesn't uses these functions, so
> I have no idea.
>
> I think that the reentrant c library or some other standard thing uses
> these, adn the linker just always outputs this message.  Who knows.
>
> jack.

Ok, sounds good

BTW, I've got the stream up at http://media.mystica.cx:8000/crap.ogg
It's on a decent connect, 64kbit (well, almost 64kbit, its hovering at
80 now..) ogg stream of just about anything you can think of. Im not
kidding here :)

Anyone with a fast enough connect, feel free to take a listen. Max
clients at 10 right now. Provided my encoder box at home doesn't die
it'll just sit and stream for the next day or 2.

Mike

--
<mystica at darktech.org>