[icecast] libpthread and icecast2

Mike hodson mystica at darktech.org
Mon Oct 22 06:19:52 UTC 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:07:39 -0600
Jack Moffitt <jack at xiph.org> wrote:

> It needs pthreads.  FreeBSD provides this in the reentrant c library.
>
> For FreeBSD, you should remove -lpthread from LIBS and add -pthread to
> CFLAGS.  I believe this should be the only change required.
>
> I will fix FreeBSD building in the next few days (or at least this is my
> intention) as well as Win32 building.
>
> Once this is done, I'm planning an alpha1 release of icecast 2.0 to give
> people something to concretely test, etc.
>
> jack.

That worked, but I do get a few linking warnings. Are these serious?

/usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is stupid.
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()

Mike

--
<mystica at darktech.org>