[icecast] Newbie question - on demand streaming?

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Oct 18 06:25:07 UTC 2001

> Any chance of seeing a UDP-based transport for icecast in the near
> future? Also, downscaling in case of degrading bandwith?

Icecast 3 :)  It's a bit off, but will will have some stuff to play with
soon.  Erik Kruus has been working on multicast vorbis, and is almost
done.

As for downscaling, or peeling as we call it, that should come shortly
before/after vorbis 1.0.  Hopefully before, but the tools will be crude
for a bit.

jack.