[icecast] Keeping Icecast and Liveice running...

Matthew Mencel Matt at cmitech.com
Mon Oct 8 18:07:34 UTC 2001

I'm just wondering how people are keeping Icecast and Liveice running.  If it crashes at some point do you just restart everything by hand or do you have something to keep an eye on the processes (e.g svscan/daemontools program)???  I will be running a stream for a radio station and if the stream crashes I would like it to know that it has crashed and either reboot the system or restart the processes somehow.

Matt

By the way...thanks for all the help.  Things seem to be running great so far.  Now it's just getting some of these details figured out and I'll be all set.