[icecast] Icecast2 under OpenBSD - update

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Mon Nov 26 07:36:45 UTC 2001

Hi,

I've come a step further in my attempt to compile Icecast2 under
OpenBSD... I didn't have the pth library installed (d'oh), but ´cd
/usr/ports/devel/pth && make install´ did the job.

It still bails out at the same point, though, but this time with another
error message:

[...]
gcc -O20 -fsigned-char -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/libxml
-I/usr/local/include -I/include -I/include -o icecast config.o main.o
logging.o sighandler.o connection.o global.o util.o source.o stats.o
refbuf.o client.o format.o format_vorbis.o  net/.libs/libicenet.al
thread/.libs/libicethread.al httpp/.libs/libicehttpp.al
log/.libs/libicelog.al avl/.libs/libiceavl.al
timing/.libs/libicetiming.al -L/usr/local/lib -lpthread -lxml -lz -L/lib
-lvorbis -logg -lm -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
thread.lo: Undefined symbol `_pthread_detach' referenced from text
segment
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [icecast] Error 1
[...]

The question still is, whether it is trivial to fix (even for non-coders
like me) and if yes, how?

My workaround is a port redirect from my OBSD gateway to a linux box.
This is not the solution I prefer but it does its job, at least for
simple testing. Normally, I use the nice Oddcast DSP as a source, but
since I am forced to use linux for OGG streaming now - which sources for
linux are there that support stable OGG streaming, with reencoding and
resampling? My goal is something similar to what I have under Windows
right now: A huge playlist on shuffle, mixed with MP3s and OGGs of all
kinds plus the possibility to pick tunes by hand (to actively play
what's wished by me or someone else), with decent crossfading, so
changing tunes doesn't hurt too much. (== Winamp + Oddcast + SC
Crossfading plugin)

TIA,

Moritz