[icecast] Icecast 2 questions.

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Nov 17 01:52:01 UTC 2001

At 12:13 PM 11/16/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>  I just built icecast 2 from cvs. I tried to compile ices (also from
>cvs) and got:

Wrong libshout, you'll need to download libshout2 from cvs ('libshout'
module)

>Anyway I tested out icecast2 and it seems to be pretty happy, but the
>stream is in mp3 format. I was interested in streaming in OGG format.
>Is there a way to do this?

mp3 streaming to icecast2 isn't _meant_ to work, yet.

>I can send OGG files to Ices (v0.2.2 which I got from the icecast web
>page) but it seems to re-encode them into mp3 for Icecast. Is this the
>default behavior or do I need to get he ices from cvs running for this?

ices can't do ogg streaming. ices2 (which is a completely seperate
program, written by different people, and sharing no code with ices) can,
you'll want to get this from cvs too.

Michael