[icecast] Icecast 2 questions.

Tom Murphy freyason at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 01:37:52 UTC 2001

Hi Geoff!

Thanks for your help on all of this!

Well everything compiled happily. libshout, ices and icecast.
I've been messing about with ices and icecast .xml config files
but I'm a bit confused.

Does this new ices only handle live input from the sound card or
can I send it a batch of files to use?

I'm not even sure that it's working because when icecast runs, and
ices runs, I try to connect to the source from another machine
and it says stream not found. Yet, ices is taking up like 95% cpu time.
I looked in contrib and saw a run_ices script that makes a xml file,
but
it doesn't seem to work for me.

Do you have any sample ices and icecast .xml config files I could look
at and change? I can't seem to get the source working right.

Thanks!
Tom