[icecast] Icecast 2 questions.

Tom Murphy freyason at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 20:13:19 UTC 2001

Hi all,

  I just built icecast 2 from cvs. I tried to compile ices (also from
cvs) and got:

tream.c: In function `ices_instance_stream':
stream.c:164: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer
from integer without a cast
stream.c:164: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
stream.c:198: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer
from integer without a cast
stream.c:198: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
stream.c:221: warning: passing arg 1 of `shout_strerror' makes pointer
from integer without a cast
stream.c:221: too few arguments to function `shout_strerror'
make[2]: *** [stream.o] Error 1

Anyway I tested out icecast2 and it seems to be pretty happy, but the
stream is in mp3 format. I was interested in streaming in OGG format.
Is there a way to do this?

I can send OGG files to Ices (v0.2.2 which I got from the icecast web
page) but it seems to re-encode them into mp3 for Icecast. Is this the
default behavior or do I need to get he ices from cvs running for this?

Thanks!
Tom