[icecast] icecast encoders?

E e at bigethan.com
Thu Nov 15 23:50:43 UTC 2001

I'm starting to get set up with my own radio  using icecast, and I'm
wondering if anyone has any opinions on what to use to feed streams to
icecast.

Dj In a Box (http://djiab.org/) looks promising, but development seems
to have slowed tto a standstill.  same with IceDJ. Liveice looks
promising (and is being developed), but I can't find a list of features
anywhere.  My "needed" features are:

- streaming at multiple bitrates (where the 128 bit stream is playing
the same thing as the 56 bit)
- now playing
- last 10 songs played

any suggestions?